| Service Manager
Complex Needs | 1 IG1 |£24.20 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD8826 | Posted: 09/02/2024
Central is currently recruiting for a Service Manager, to work in the Ilford area. The service provides supported housing accommodation to clients with complex needs and a history of rough sleeping.
The successful candidate will be required to work 36 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. There is a requirement to occasionally work out of hours. Cover is required for minimum 3 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £21.13 per hour, with £3.07 holiday pay, totalling £24.20 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Direct and manage team members in their day-to-day work to ensure that service users receive a consistent, high quality and responsive service.
- Contribute to the overall management of the Rough Sleeping Service, report to and deputise for the Rough Sleeping Lead and contribute to the strategic direction of the service
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of the Rough Sleeping pathway taking into account current legislation and Council policy
- Monitor the performance of the Service area and ensure it is delivered efficiently and effectively to a high standard of customer care and that timescales and deadlines for assessments, support plans, responses to complaints and advocacy are met.
- Lead and co-ordinate services related to supporting rough sleepers and lead the relationship with council enforcement and support services, other statutory agencies, advocacy groups, and local businesses
- Contribute to the overall development of the Council's Rough Sleeping and Housing Needs service and contribute to the development of the Housing Needs Service policies, plans and key priorities
- Support and contribute to bids for funding opportunities relating to rough sleeping.
- Ensure effective response to Members Enquiries, Complaints, and Ombudsman Enquiries, Freedom of Information Requests, and act as the Lead Manager in terms of the preparation and submission of complex responses across the whole service.
- Implement a programme of continuous improvement in an environment where clients are supported and have access to resources they need to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes
- Ensure the preparation of information as required to support court cases involving the teams including reviews and judicial reviews
- Ensure officers liaise with customers, statutory organisations, advocates and third sector providers to arrive at a sustainable housing solution for customers with complex and multiple needs for example mental health combined with drug and or alcohol addiction
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory requirements, Government Guidance and Codes, Redbridge policies and procedures, management instructions, professional and performance standards and best housing and homelessness prevention practice and ensure that staff complies with these
- As part of the management team lead in ensuring procedures and protocols are in place and followed as far as Health and Safety Policy and all guidance, instructions and risk assessments.
- Participate in the management on call rota
To apply for this role candidates must have;
- Experience of leading and managing staff and developing them to effectively deliver services to customers in a front-line environment
- Extensive experience of working with people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, in housing need and/or living in unsatisfactory housing.
- Knowledge of the law relating to homelessness as covered by the 1996 Housing Act and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Knowledge of the Children's Act, and the Care Act as this social care legislation interacts with housing and homelessness issues.
- Knowledge of the Welfare Reform Act and its implications for the private rented sector and homelessness.
- Knowledge of CQC and supported accommodation
- Extensive experience of achieving performance targets and meeting departmental objectives.
- Experience of budget management and applying effective financial controls
- Experience of case management and safeguarding
- Able to develop, implement and monitor clear standards of performance and service delivery outcomes in response to business and service planning process
- Professional Housing Qualification and/or Membership of the CIH
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with in person interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible